Using Calor Gas safely
With more than 70 years’ experience in the gas business, at Calor, we pride ourselves on our unmatched expertise in the safe supply of LPG to our customers.
LPG is odourless, so in the unlikely event of a gas leakage or suspected leakage, we add a special odour to all Calor Gas – both in tank and cylinder form – to make any potential leakage easier to detect.
Always remember – NEVER use a naked flame to look for a gas leak.
In the event of a suspected or actual gas leakage, follow the below procedures to minimise any potential danger:
- Extinguish all naked flames and ignition sources
- Turn off all gas appliances
- Do not switch on or off any electrical equipment
- Increase ventilation by opening all doors and windows
- Turn off the gas supply at the source
- Notify Calor on the relevant number listed below
- Do not use any appliance until it has been made safe.
In the event of a fire:
- Raise the alarm immediately to everyone in the premises
- Call the Fire Brigade and inform them that LPG is on the premises
- Do not go near any LPG cylinder or tank in the vicinity of the fire
- Turn off the gas supply – but only if practicable and safe to do so.
Emergency contact numbers
ROI 24 hour: 01 2916229
NI during business hours: 028 90458466
NI outside business hours: 0845 0755588