Calor Gas is one of the cleanest burning, most environmentally sustainable fuels available. As a company, we adopt best practice industry solutions, encouraging our suppliers to do likewise. We have recently introduced a new sustainability programme in the company, with the primary objective of reducing our carbon emissions by 25% by 2020.
Currently, we are carrying out a carbon emissions assessment across all sectors of the business. This will be completed by January 2011, and will form the basis for developing a 5 year plan for implementing sustainability measures. We are already undertaking new measures such as our new digital logistics system which was implemented in 2010, greatly reducing the mileage travelled by our delivery trucks each year.
In May 2011, we will publish the first of our sustainability reports, and these will be published each year, assessing our yearly carbon reductions and ensuring we are on target for 2020.
At Calor, it is our policy to:
- Continually seek new products and applications that help solve environmental problems
- Help our customers to use our products more efficiently
- Encourage our suppliers to pursue best practice
- Comply with, and endeavour to exceed, the requirements of all relevant environmental legislation
- Work openly with customers, local communities and other interested parties to pursue sustainable development in the widest sense.