What is LPG?

All your questions explained about Calor and LPG

Liquefied Petroleum Gas better known as LPG is a versatile, environmentally friendly fuel, which is perfectly suited for commercial and domestic purposes.

How LPG is made?

LPG is obtained from the extraction of natural gas and also from the refining of crude oil. In both processes LPG is considered a by-product.

Where does Calor source LPG?

25% of Calor’s LPG is sourced from our Whitegate Refinery in Co. Cork, with the remainder sourced within Europe.

Cleaner fuel

In 2010, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs found that LPG is the cleanest off-main fossil fuel available. Compared to other fossil fuels, LPG is an environmentally friendly source of energy with a wide range of uses. It offers a cleaner, more efficient alternative to oil for homes and businesses.

High efficiency

Calor, working with the manufacturers of energy efficient technologies, can offer solutions for homes and businesses to reduce CO2 emissions. Experts agree that high efficiency fossil fuels, along with energy from renewable sources, have the potential to meet our energy needs in the future while reducing CO2 emissions.

Looking towards the future with Bio LPG

This year, Calor will become the first Irish supplier of BioLPG, a 100% renewable energy source. BioLPG is a new renewable fuel which is made from 100% renewable materials; approximately 60% is wastes and residues, while the remaining 40% is sustainably sourced vegetable oils.

For more information visit our Bio LPG page